"Dedicated To The Winners & The Losers..." - Raekwon


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg - Poor Young Dave (Outtake From "The Chronic" Sessions)


[From Robbie At Unkut.com:]

Did these dudes have chemistry back in '92 or what? Am I right, people?

"Poor Young Dave" is an outtake from "The Chronic" sessions and you can find a young Snoop in full-on classic storytelling mode. Dre doesn't rap on this but it doesn't really matter. The beat sounds vaguely like "Deep Cover" which is just fine by me. I could listen to classic era G-Funk beats all day long and twice on Sunday.










Download: Dr. Dre & Snoop Doggy Dogg - Poor Young Dave


In unrelated Dre news, he's an idiot for not dropping Cuban Linx II on Aftermath. You just let the best album of the last five years walk? Fail.

3 comments:

bding7 said...

I don't know if I am one to talk, but why aren't more people talking about this than Booprint 3? Instead of complaining/musing about past their prime rappers making so-so albums, why not discuss throwaway tracks from their prime? We rarely talk about Snoop's latest albums, and for good reason. But with Jay since his album hiatus, somehow, each album is some event we're supposed to care about. At this point, it's just gotten boring.

When the original versions of Scenario and Ghost Deini dropped last year, I went nuts. How this song did not make either The Chronic or Doggystyle, I cannot figure out.

DocZeus said...

I think it might have to do with albums like Blueprint 3 offering a more interesting dramatic narrative for writers like myself than songs like this. I mean I like writing large grandiose pieces where I can pontificate on the subject at hand more than posting short outtakes from 20 year old albums.

But this was too god. Not to share.

costa rica investment said...

hi ... I really am very grateful for any information that you shared with readers, to me seemed a very interesting and I love to get much more information.