"Dedicated To The Winners & The Losers..." - Raekwon


Monday, February 9, 2009

No Words... Come Clean Edition



Wow. I'm honestly shocked. I never thought I'd see the day that a player of A-Rod's caliber would openly admit to using steriods so this is a bit...let's just say "surprising." I still think the proper response when the media decides to get on their high horse about these things is to absolutely refuse to apologize on any grounds whatsoever because you shouldn't have to apologize to people you don't know for things that don't concern them. Michael Phelps should have collectively told everybody who was "deeply disturbed" by his completely harmless experimentation with a bong at a party to shove it up their asses.

Personally, if I ever I get famous enough where I get caught in a situation where the media demands for a public apology after I'm found in a Las Vegas hotel room with a under-aged prostitute and my face buried in a mound of cocaine Scarface-style that I will not be holding a tearful, contrite press conference with my wife and kids looking utterly mortified standing next to me. In fact, I look forward to making things unequivocally and exponentially worse when I not only refuse to apologize but I hire private investigators to look into the lives of anybody who writes some hypocritical, masturbatory exercise in self-righteousness about me in a newspaper and proceed to air out their dirty laundry in a national televised interview with Katie Couric. This is the proper response for celebrities when they get involved in a meaningless "scandal." Celebrities do not owe us anything. If I were to get caught in a scandal like that, I would apologize to my friends and family for letting them down but I'm not apologizing to some strangers for shit that does not concern them nor do they really care about. However, I would pledge my undying devotion to any person who ever pulled a stunt like that in real life. I respect that level of misanthropy in a human being.

11 comments:

Guy Fawkes said...

I love how this is tagged under Jeru The Damaja.

DocZeus said...

Listen, I would tag everything I could under Jeru the Damaja if I had my druthers. "The Sun Rises In The East" does not get enough credit.

Kronos said...

Doc - Let's realize that any apology by A-Roid, Michael "don't Bogart that bong" Phelps and any other A-List athlete dumb enough to get caught is simply damage control designed to try and salvage some of their endorsements and future earnings. All apologies are written by their agents/publicists (half the athletes couldn't write a complete sentence let alone an intelligent paragraph)and we are lucky that the stars can actually read them. These people owe their status and money to the press and public - hence they apologize to the press and the public. If you got busted now, you wouldn't have to apologize to anyone but your family. If you become rich and famous and get busted, you can either apologize to the public or get poor and infamous real quick - it would be your choice. Most choose to stay rich and famous.

Kronos

Jay (d)eff Kay said...

"I did take a banned substance. And for that, I am very sorry and deeply regretful."

Umm that apology wasn't too clear cut. Like, couldn't that be regarding being exposed to high traces of Madonna stank?

Badmon3333 said...

"The Sun Rises In The East" does not get enough credit. - Neither does 'Wrath of the Math,' in my opinion.

I'm with you on the Michael Phelps thing. If he was an X Games snowboarder, they woulda patted him on the head and send his ass back the ski lodge to puff more L's. Besides, if he can win swimming meets high, I say more power to him (Eddie Izzard: 'Smoke a joint and win the hundred meters? And fair play to YOU').

All the chatter on sports-talk radio today was, 'Should they give up the other 103 names on the list?' If I'm A-Rod, I say hell motherfuckin' yeah.

Something to marinate on, though: the top home-run hitters list for the period in which these 104 guys tested positive has Bonds, Palmeiro, McGwire, Sosa and Rodriguez in its top 10.

Baseball is pretty much a joke. (as a native Pittsburgher/one-time Pirates fan, I've known this for many years)

Badmon3333 said...

Actually, maybe not McGwire. I can't remember when he retired.

Hiphop said...

Co-sign Badmon
Wrath Of The Math>The Sun Rises In The East

Hiphop said...

Yo, read this Doc.
Dude's also from Shaker Heights:
http://dailymathematics.blogspot.com/2009/02/combat-jack-salutes-gabe-tolliver.html

Trey Stone said...

aka "Grindin'" if it sucked testicles

lolz

DocZeus said...

Trey, I sure hope you're not suggesting that "Come Clean" sucks testicles. Because we are going to have problems if you are...

Trey Stone said...

yeah...nevermind that last comment